Title: PHP Software Developer
Time Status: Full-time
Location: Budapest, HU
Opportunity to travel to the US
Vanessa Research is a US-based biomedical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative products in areas of unmet medical needs. Our global team is looking for candidates to join our growing Budapest office.
We are seeking a mid-level PHP Software Developer with expertise in developing complex software solutions for VRI’s products. Candidate must have a basic knowledge of UX/UI best practices, development of user platform software, and development of admin back-end software. The candidate should be eager to broaden their existing technical skillset, and to work in an environment that thrives on creativity, efficient execution, and product innovation.
We are offering an opportunity to be an innovator, and to contribute to the strategic directions of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, code, unit-test, and deploy solid and scalable applications
- Write specifications and proper documentation for re-usability of code and collaboration with other team members
- Design and execute User Acceptance Tests
- Support and maintain existing applications
- Communicate with project stakeholders to determine the best technologies to deliver innovative solutions
- Deliver timely results under limited supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field; or equivalent training or work experience
- 3-4 years relevant experience
- Experience with programming languages including (not limited to) PHP, SQL and preferably Phyton
- Strong object-oriented programming approach
- Experience with Git (version control systems like Bitbucket)
- Strong experience in developing platforms with server-based admin environments
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Advanced communication skills in English to understand business objectives and collaborate with U.S. corporate headquarters team
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for complete development life-cycle: coding standards, source control management, build/deployment processes, testing, and support/operations
It’s a plus (but not required) if you have:
- PHP 7+ practical experience
- PHP UNIT experience
- Experience in mobile application development
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with bonus performance incentives
- Working with a global, diverse and youthful team of dedicated, highly-skilled professionals
- Opportunity to travel to the U.S.
If interested, please send your English CV and cover letter to email@example.com
About Vanessa Research:
VRI was founded on the desire to build a 21st century, sustainable, innovative, entrepreneurial organization by bringing together a collection of diverse scientists, engineers, business professionals, and academics to create solutions in medicine. The company has etched its niche in developing innovative products by commercializing complex ideas with simple solutions. This is done by creating a fun, respectful teamwork environment conducive to open unrestrained dialog and invention.