Time Status: Full-time
Location: Hamden, CT
Vanessa Research is a Connecticut-based biomedical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medical products in areas of unmet medical needs.
We are seeking a creative Microbiologist with experience in In Vitro viral models. The applicant will work on anti-diarrheal research, cooperating with a Synthetic Chemist on labeling bacterial cells and conducting In Vitro experiments with C.Diff (clostridium difficile colitis) and ETEC (Traveler’s diarrhea).
The ideal candidate should be familiar working with advanced lab equipment; and excellent in deductive reasoning and critical thinking in order to processes and reinforce new methodologies in solving problems.
The position will provide an opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of the company and will make an impact by supporting our ultimate goal of ‘giving hope where none existed.’
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support anti-diarrheal research
- Cooperate with a Synthetic Chemist on labeling bacterial cells
- Conduct In Vitro experiments with C.Diff and ETEC
- Work with advanced lab equipment
- Ph.D. in microbiology
- 3 years of experience
- Experience in In Vitro viral models, labeling bacterial cells
- Excellent deductive reasoning and critical thinking
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment
- Proficient with MS Office tools
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with performance incentives
- Work with a global, diverse team of dedicated, highly-skilled professionals
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing business at an early stage, where each employee can make a difference and directly contribute to the success of the company
About Vanessa Research:
VRI was founded on the desire to build a 21st century, sustainable, innovative, entrepreneurial organization by bringing together a collection of diverse scientists, engineers, business professionals, and academics to create solutions in medicine. The company has etched its niche in developing innovative products by commercializing complex ideas with simple solutions. This is done by creating a “fun” respectful teamwork environment conducive to open unrestrained dialog and invention.
If interested, please send your English CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org