Time Status: Part-time
Location: Hamden, CT
Vanessa Research is a Connecticut-based biomedical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medical products in areas of unmet medical needs.
We are seeking a Marketing and Communications intern to assist with posting regularly to company social media accounts; and writing content for email marketing campaigns and press releases. The ideal candidate must have strong writing skills, and be very familiar with social media (Facebook and Instagram in particular), with knowledge of current trends and business uses for various platforms. The candidate must also be comfortable speaking with customers and public figures to develop content for press releases and testimonials.
The position will provide an opportunity to work closely with marketing and business professionals in the field; and to collaborate with staff to propose new ideas and venues for marketing and communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in updating/posting on social media; particularly Facebook and Instagram
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing newsletters and email marketing campaigns
- Draft press releases
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Photograph products for social media and marketing campaigns
- Interview and photograph customers to develop testimonials
- Research potential marketing venues, such as advertising and trade show opportunities
- Research industry social media trends and content
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Public Relations)
- Very strong written communication skills
- Very comfortable with popular social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram)
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented; ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation to visit product sites as needed
- Experience with digital photography is a plus
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
What we offer:
- Working with a global, diverse team of dedicated, highly-skilled professionals
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing business at an early stage, where each employee can make a difference and directly contribute to the success of the company
About Vanessa Research:
VRI was founded on the desire to build a 21st century, sustainable, innovative, entrepreneurial organization by bringing together a collection of diverse scientists, engineers, business professionals, and academics to create solutions in medicine. The company has etched its niche in developing innovative products by commercializing complex ideas with simple solutions. This is done by creating a fun, respectful teamwork environment conducive to open unrestrained dialog and invention.
If interested, please send your English CV and cover letter to email@example.com