Time Status: Full-time
CT Compensation: Competitive
About SOLaware™ Technologies:
SOLaware™ Technologies – a division of Vanessa Research Inc. – is driven by its mission of “Raising awareness about sun exposure via digital technologies”. Our aim is to open the eyes about unprotected sun exposure in real-time, at the point of exposure; hence lower the risk of sunburns, early skin aging and skin cancer. We are a proud participant in the first, 2018 ‘Accelerator for Biosciences in Connecticut’ cohort.
About the position:
SOLaware™ Technologies has launched its first product for CT-based municapilities and businesses in the summer of 2018. In order to scale our operations nationwide, we are looking for an experienced Manager of Operations to be the internal expert, department leader, and go-to problem solver for all questions arising in the day to day operations of the start-up and the scale up of manufacturing.
Along with understanding manufacturing, logistics, mechanical and electrical engineering, the ideal candidate will also need to be an adept leader and manager who can work well within the organization, while also managing external relationships with vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Build and maintain relationship with vendors, contractors, and consultants
- Manage contracts, oversee and schedule vendors and assure they are performing as specified
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for interdepartmental communications to maintain standards, implement improvements, define and measure progress and meet business objectives
- Define and document procedures, identify process and workflow changes for continuous improvement and implement best practices for greater efficiency
- Work closely with sales, marketing and product development to improve product performance and to launch new products for further growth
- Recruit, train, supervise and mentor team members to fuel growth of the team
- Provide leadership and create a work culture to identify opportunities for strategic and creative improvements
- Perform other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Electronics or Mechanical field. Master’s degree in Business is a plus. We consider working experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in launching and scaling innovative hardware products in the US market, preferably in start-up environment.
- Experience in managing production with various manufacturing technologies and industries
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person, and over distances, and an ability to actively facilitate coordination with multiple remote teams
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced and flexible environment and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly learn new areas of competency as the company faces new challenges
- Ability to disagree with team members and project stakeholders while maintaining good relationship
- Comfortable presenting to a large multi-functional audience, face-to-face, as well as virtually
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment
- Strong knowledge based of MS Office, Data analytics, Inventory and Logistics management solutions
- Up to 15% travel expected
What makes this a special opportunity:
- We are a dynamic startup with a lot of momentum
- We are a small team, so you will have significant key responsibilities, opportunities for professional growth, and the chance to help continue to build a great company
- You will work with and learn from experienced entrepreneurs who have a track record of building successful companies
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Working with a diverse team of dedicated, highly-skilled professionals
- Stock options
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Healthcare benefits
If interested, please send your English CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org